I used to think there was one type of sexy and I definitely wasn’t it. We all know what images they have in magazines and on tv but that’s not even why I didn’t think there was one sexy bone in my body. Despite what some may think, I’m actually quite shy! Almost numbingly so. There was no place on the sexy spectrum for a shy girl like me. I’ve always been curvy and men took notice but it never mattered how many compliments I received, I still just considered myself “cute”.
I was talking to this guy once about our passions and what we would do if money wasn’t a factor and many other aspects of our life. We were both engaged in the conversation and didn’t realize how much time had passed. Yeah one of those great dialogues that went on for hours. At the end of the night, he said he’s never met someone so “sexy”. Mind you, throughout our entire convo we never mentioned anything sexual but of course I just figured he was talking about my looks. To my surprise what he said had nothing to do with what he saw. He said “The way you talk about things you’re passionate about is sexy. Your intelligence is sexy. Your sense of humor is sexy. Your laugh is sexy. You are a sexy woman”. In that moment the “cuteness” I always relied on just went out the window and I truly started to look at myself as sexy! Not because a man told me so but I realized that everyone’s “sexy” is different. It’s all about owing it! When it all boils down to it, the confidence you exude will be the sexy that everyone sees. It sounds so cliche but it really comes from within. Whatever brings out the real you, OWN IT and it will shine through to others.
I will admit as I’m sure a lot of you all know, there are things we can do in our everyday lives to feel sexy. Basically things that make us feel good about our selves. You ever walk outside and just say damn I really feel good today! Whether it’s coming from the hairdresser with a new style or leaving the gym after a great workout, we all have that thing! Here are some of my tips on how to get your sexy back.
- Buy a New ADULT Perfume– Every woman (in my opinion) should have at least one signature scent and no not the Japanese Cherry Blossom body spray from Bath and Body Works. Not that there is anything wrong with body spray but if you are over 30 honey it’s time to upgrade. Getting a new perfume can not only make you feel great when you wear it but you turn so many heads if you find the right one. Here’s the thing, don’t just buy one because Rihanna’s face is on the bottle. Go to the store and try perfumes on and pick the one that works with your body. Everything doesn’t smell the same on everyone so find your signature and it will change your life.
- Take a Bath- We all are busy all the time especially as adults but we have to pamper ourselves every once and a while. Yes we know we want to take monthly trips to the spa but how about just making the spa at home! Turn the light downs, light some candles, put on music and run a HOT bubble bath just for you. When you get out, rub yourself down with some essential oils and tell me you don’t feel sexy girl!
- Do Something You Would Never Do– Being spontaneous and fearless sometimes can give you the biggest rush of your life. It can also put a jump start on your confidence. After years of thinking about blogging I finally got the nerve to do it. I never wanted to be in front of the camera because of different reasons but you know there is no time like the present to try something new!
- Spend Time with Your Girls- Have you ever notice that after a great girls night or girls trip you come back feeling like a new woman! That’s because we get some of our strength and power from our friendships! Your girls should be your biggest cheerleaders and they can feed you energy you never imagined. Get to planning a girls night!
- Self Reflect- This one may take a little time and effort and is probably easer said than done but everyone needs to self evaluate. What makes you tick? What makes you happy? What makes you sad? All of these things make you who you are. As women, we have a tendency to put everyone else’s needs and wants in front of our own and it’s so easy to lose ourselves. What were your dreams? Goals? Did you lose sight of them? Remember who you were before becoming a wife, a mom, or even an employee! Once you learn to embrace all of you, learn yourself and find your center you can also find what makes you sexy.